Skip to content
- OBEY THE LIFEGUARDS AT ALL TIMES!
- This is a very strenuous ride. The moving water is extremely turbulent.
- Body boarding, knee boarding or flow boarding on this water wave is a body-active, participatory sport. As with all sports, care must be taken to avoid an injury.
- Riders must be in good physical condition and free from any medical limitations to participate. Pregnant women and persons with or having a history of heart, back, neck, shoulder or joint problems should not ride.
- Riders must be 48” tall to body board (lying down/kneeling) and flow board (stand-up).
- With your wristband purchase the parent/guardian gives permission for youth younger than 18 to participate on the Shockwave in the flow board, body board, kneeling and stand-up positions.
- Jewelry, hats, footwear, eyeglasses or loose articles of any type are not recommended on the ride as they may injure the participant, and should be removed prior to use.
- Bathing suit tops, bottoms and loose clothing may be pulled off by the flowing water. Cover-ups are suggested.
- Enter the ride ONLY after receiving instruction from the lifeguard.
- BODY BOARDING: Place your body board onto the flow of water slick side down. Lie down on your stomach, head facing the flow of water, with your hips along the rear edge of the board. Your legs should be extended straight behind you to serve as a rudder. Your hands should grab the forward rails of the board. Keep fingers, hands and elbows on top of your board to minimize water splashed into eyes. Gently push into the water flow. You may also ride in a kneeling position.
- FLOW BOARDING: Holding the nose of the board, place your flow board onto the water flow of water slick side down. Place your back foot approximately at the tail of the board, and position your front foot above the mid-point of the board. Place your weight primarily on your back foot. Gently push into the water flow. Remember– keep your weight on your back foot at all times.
- Avoid jumping into or entering the ride at high speed and avoid putting weight on your front foot – YOU WILL WIPE OUT!
- Steer your board into the center of the flowing water section of your side. You can control your board by gently shifting your weight. Try to keep your board pointed in the direction of the oncoming flow of water. Edge control is the key. Keep weight on your back foot!
- If you wipe out, do not hold your board. Release board immediately, cover your head and keep limbs close to body and try to brace for impact with feet first.
- Single riding only is permitted. No tandem riders or multiperson riding is allowed in your section of the flowrider.
- CAUTION! The surface of this ride is very slippery. DO NOT attempt to walk on the ride surface. You may only stand to walk and exit after coming to a complete stop on the dark blue drain grating. Follow instructions of the lifeguard to exit.
- Horseplay and daredevil stunts are not permitted and will result in removal of your purchased wristband with NO REFUND.
- PATRONS ASSUME ALL RISK OF INJURY DUE TO MISUSE OR FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES OR ANY OTHER RULES STATED THROUGHTOUT THE LIBERTY LAGOON FAMILY AQUATIC CENTER. USE OF ATTRACTIONS ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We thank you for your corporation while visiting our Facility.